Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good/Bad Idea - Cleaning Aspire BDC Coil

Options
  • 28-05-2014 7:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭

I have an Aspire Clearomizer - CE5-S BDC running for about 10 days , I'm new to this so when to change the coils is still a learning as I go thingy . I thought the vape was off today so i checked the coil and it looking in the top hole it seems dark and gunky inside in comparison to a new one so I changed it . I have seen these coils taken apart online but it wasn't the most successful and I know that they are only €2 each so I don't mind changing it . But , I thought I might try steeping it in vodka for the night and seeing if that cleaned it a bit . Now I know that vodka and a heated coil won't exactly go well together but I thought if I left it to evaporate and then steeped the coil in juice for a while before trying it ...........

Good Idea , bad idea ? or why even bother idea ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,674 ✭✭✭DirtyBollox

What I do is let it steep in the vodka, rinse it off and let it dry out. Won't clean it and make it look brand new but will extend the life a bit. Good idea

• Registered Users Posts: 367 ✭✭Finglas Incubus

See here for an alternative approach:

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=90321909

• Registered Users Posts: 6,389 ✭✭✭jonski

I will try that with the next one . I have this one out of the vodka now after an overnight stay and it looks really clean even to the point that I can see the wick on the top coil and it is white as is the lining that you can just make out through the holes . I have blown it out and it seems dry but I want to let it sit for another day before I try it ... to be sure . Will report back tomorrow morning .

• Registered Users Posts: 1,848 ✭✭✭dball

ive done the boliing method - I find that as long as you keep to the same flavour you should get another lease of life from them. Maybe not as good as new but I would normally get a consistent 5 or 6 days from a new coil. With a coil soaked for 3 or 4 weeks in water (to keep it from drying out) and then lashed into a pot of boiling water for 10 minutes Im getting about 3 or 4 days decent vape from its 2nd life.

I have about 10 coils to go through before i see if they will get a 3rd life but might try a cheap bottle of vodka from lidl at the weekend and see how it works

Thanks

Well here I am reporting back , and ............ yeah , it works fine . Put it into the clearomizer last night filled with juice and left it stand overnight . First one or two puffs with a bit 'hmmm' but after that it is vaping away good as new , loads of vapour , loads of taste .

It might be a good idea at this stage to remind everyone that I am only two weeks into Vaping so what the hell would I know , I'm not even sure about whether I like the taste of my current juice anyway and given that I mix 3 different juices together .... well none of my deft hand mixes probably taste the same anyway . But , I would say definitely worth giving it a go and maybe someone who is more used to their vapour taste could try and report back .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭roast

Just got one of the BDCs this week so I may give this a try in the near future. I ordered 15 new coils from China the other day so no doubt I'll need to clean this coil at least once before I get the new ones. ;)

Great little clearo btw!

I'm still using the original Coil I got 3 weeks ago after leaving it soak overnight 3 times now , also rotating it with another one obviously , and I am practically vaping all day .

Advertisement