Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Previa Exhaust Parts

Options
  • 28-05-2014 7:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭

Hi All -

I hope someone can help me. I have a 2001 Previa. Its running very sluggish at the moment - takes ages to get going through the gears etc. A friend of a friend who's a mechanic took a look and said the exhaust needs changing but only up to the catalytic converter. Looking online, finding spares for an older car is very difficult so I'm looking at the Uk as a possible source. The thing is that I want to be sure that what I'm getting is correct. So when he says "up to the cat", what exactly do I need? Some sites break it down to specific parts within the the exhaust system so if I need to get certain parts, which ones are they?

Any other advice is welcome too!

Thanks in advance
    GOMP
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭visual

up to cat is from tail pipe all the way up to the cat.

if you look under your car you will see two big boxes on the exhaust
    one near the back called back box and one closer towards the engine called the cat.

It probably easier and just as cheap to go to an exhaust big name out let and get them to give you a price to replace and fit than order these items on line when you weigh up postage.

replacing the exhaust will make it sound nicer but I doubt it preform better
    I'm guessing but I think your car might have other issues too.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭GetOffMyPatch

Thanks for your advice. The reason the mechanic thinks its the exhaust, is that when he removed it, he said the performance immediately improved. He advised that due to the age of the car, finding a "2nd hand" part would be the best way forward. I'll check with some local garages on pricing...

Advertisement