Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nude non shiny tights

Options
  • 28-05-2014 6:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Do these exist?!
    I have a confirmation on Sunday and my legs are white and corn beefy!

Would love if I could find tights that don't really look like tights. A second skin so to speak.

Will have to go to shops Thurs eve to get them.

Help/Links very much appreciated!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,624 ✭✭✭✭meeeeh

Something in 8 den. I think Omsa have very natural looking shades for ok price but any decent proper tights brand should have something. Oro blu, Walford. Falke... I would go somewhere where they have good choice of brands and samples on those model legs. You don't need to spend a fortune or go for shapeware especially with the very thin tights but it really does make a difference buying something from dedicated hoisery manufacturer and not some orange horror from Dunnes.

I don't often buy tights in Ireland because choice isn't great but I do remember BT used to have some nice ones. Mostly I go to some independent lingerie shop so I don't really know any useful links.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

In brown thomas they have a brand called "falke" and they are amazing! They're ten euro a pair but you won't be disappointed, I wear them and my friends don't even notice I've them on! They look just like legs but nicer. The woman in there told me Kate Middleton wears that brand too.
    The ones I buy are called golden sun or something to that effect. I find putting a light layer of fake tan on before you put the tights on makes the tights appear more natural.

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭jadie

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭rustyzip

anna080 wrote: »
    Yes those are the ones!

Are these tights suitable for pale skinned legs?
    I don't want my legs to be a different colour than my arms!

• Advertisement

rustyzip wrote: »
    Are these tights suitable for pale skinned legs?
    I don't want my legs to be a different colour than my arms!

Yes they have them in different shades but I find that a light layer of tan on your legs makes them appear more natural looking, some tan on your arms too and you will be good to go! I'm quite pale naturally too but if I'm wearing these tights ill always apply some tan to my upper body to avoid looking mismatched.

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭rustyzip

anna080 wrote: »
    Yes they have them in different shades but I find that a light layer of tan on your legs makes them appear more natural looking, some tan on your arms too and you will be good to go! I'm quite pale naturally too but if I'm wearing these tights ill always apply some tan to my upper body to avoid looking mismatched.

Might have to do that but I really don't want to as I despise unnatural looking fake tan and it never turns out nice on me :)

Might have to do that but I really don't want to as I despise unnatural looking fake tan and it never turns out nice on me :)

In not a fan either but I use the new st. Tropez instant tan in the silver and pink bottle, picked it up for ten euro in penneys and it's fab! Goes on very light and natural looking. It's wash off as well so if you make a disaster of yourself you can always reapply!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators Posts: 12,066 Mod ✭✭✭✭miamee

Do these exist?!
    I have a confirmation on Sunday and my legs are white and corn beefy!

Would love if I could find tights that don't really look like tights. A second skin so to speak.

Will have to go to shops Thurs eve to get them.

Help/Links very much appreciated!

Marie Claire have tights called Barely There that might suit you. You can get them in any Debenhams.

I too suffer from pale legs that go all corn beefy in the cold, and I find the Marks and Spencers tights amazing. They're relatively cheap and I've had plenty of people be surprised when I mention I'm wearing tights at all. They give just enough coverage that you feel more confident and less veiny, but they're transparent enough that they look like real skin colour. I'm milk bottle white (I'm almost see-through myself) and they're the only nude tights I've ever found that don't look ridiculous on me. I can't remember the exact name of them but they come in a multi-pack and they're either the illusion or natural shade (I think illusion).

http://www.marksandspencer.ie/Tights/IE_SubCategory_1040061,en_IE,sc.html

• Advertisement
Advertisement