Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

When to send out Evening Invites?

Options
  • 28-05-2014 5:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 391 ✭✭

OK guys, another question from me.
    Just writing out the day invites to be sent this weekend and I'm wondering
    do we send the evening invites out at the same time?
    Or is it ok to leave it till nearer the date?

Thanks in advance (this forum is a lifesaver)!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

I'd sent them out the same time.
    If you want people to go, you still need to give them adequate notice, especially if they need to arrange travel / accomm or babysitters!

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭kkcatlou

I think normally evening invites are sent out about 2-3 weeks before the wedding. I have never heard of them being sent out at the same time, but maybe in some places they are? These days a lot of people don't even send evening invites, they just say it or ask people on social media?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,089 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

The girl that did my sisters invites said not to send them out until 3 weeks before the wedding - if you had any refusals to the day invitation you could do a '2nd round' of invites for anyone who you were just going to ask to the evening - if you get my meaning. She didnt do that but seemingly that's how people do things!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,796 ✭✭✭893bet

Dovies wrote: »
    The girl that did my sisters invites said not to send them out until 3 weeks before the wedding - if you had any refusals to the day invitation you could do a '2nd round' of invites for anyone who you were just going to ask to the evening - if you get my meaning. She didnt do that but seemingly that's how people do things!

Would you go to the full wedding if you were only good enough to be invited as someone else refused? especially 3 weeks before hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,089 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

893bet wrote: »
    Would you go to the full wedding if you were only good enough to be invited as someone else refused? especially 3 weeks before hand.

You wouldn't be giving them 3 weeks notice though. You send out your main invites with a reply date - most people who can't come will reply pretty much straight away. You can then send out another few if you want to people who you were only able to invite to the evening. So they would only be getting their invites a few days after everyone else.

Now it's not what I would do - I would just reduce numbers however if your venue has to have a minimum amount that is what others have done.

• Advertisement
Advertisement