Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UCAS Grades

Options
  • 28-05-2014 4:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

My UCAS conditional offer states that I need BBBBCC to get in and specified that all B's must be B2's. However it did not specify anything about the C grades. Does anyone know if this means that they can be any C or do they have to be a C1/C2/C3? I'd really appreciate an answer as it will really lower my stress levels over the next few weeks. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭jwcurtin

My UCAS conditional offer states that I need BBBBCC to get in and specified that all B's must be B2's. However it did not specify anything about the C grades. Does anyone know if this means that they can be any C or do they have to be a C1/C2/C3? I'd really appreciate an answer as it will really lower my stress levels over the next few weeks. Thanks.

If they don't specify it's anything in that grade as far as I know. My offer was AAB2B2B2, and the A's are an A1 or A2. Definitely give the applicants office a ring, they'll know for sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 505 ✭✭✭oncex

I think any form of C. I've inquired about this before for Occupational therapy but it may change from course to course. Got in unconditionally myself but can't decide if i want to go.

• Registered Users Posts: 24 youtubeacademy

I emailed the university and they replied "We would advise that if a particular C grade had been required it would have been specified in your offer" I'm assuming this means that any C grade will do? That's a huge relief a week before the exams!! Thanks to everyone who replied for the help and good luck over the next few weeks :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Mr Pseudonym

I emailed the university and they replied "We would advise that if a particular C grade had been required it would have been specified in your offer" I'm assuming this means that any C grade will do? That's a huge relief a week before the exams!! Thanks to everyone who replied for the help and good luck over the next few weeks :-)

Glad you got such a favourable response. That's the sort of question I wouldn't ask. :p

• Registered Users Posts: 24 youtubeacademy

Glad you got such a favourable response. That's the sort of question I wouldn't ask. :p

Why not? I'm just clarifying the grades I needed since they didn't appear to be specific enough in the conditional offer. It's not like anything negative could have come out of asking.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Mr Pseudonym

Why not? I'm just clarifying the grades I needed since they didn't appear to be specific enough in the conditional offer. It's not like anything negative could have come out of asking.

Well, given that a bit of bargaining can be done if you fall just short of your offer and your course isn't over-subscribed, in the event that there were sub-grade requirements you could reasonably claim that your offer was misleading.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 coffeelover95

Hey, I have a similar type of issue with my offer, hopefully someone could shed some light!
    I have an offer of 6B3's at HL to include Maths Bio English and 3 others obviously. (I do pass maths though...but I have 6 other honours) Before I applied I rang admissions to ask about the maths and they said the B I had in maths for HL for the JC would suffice buuuuttttt...it still says honours on my offer :/ and I have no written confirmation of them saying that.
    They called me for interview and I went and all the rest and nothing was said. Do you think they'll still take me because I was honest from the start? What should I do?

Advertisement