Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC 8/12 communications

Options
  • 28-05-2014 2:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

hi all i've recently installed a HKC 8/12 panel into my misses house which in the north of ireland , i made a mistake not going for the 10/70 panel which would have made my life abit simplier in regards to having notification of a alarm i would have gone for the GSM unit we're based in warrenpoint which is right on the border so we get southern mobile signal . anyways i'm looking to send out notifications of alarm via a BT landline i've read on boards that some of the communication units had problems texting a eircom landlines, i persume BT and eircom use simliar systems could anyone recommend a solution for me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭kub

iopener wrote: »
    hi all i've recently installed a HKC 8/12 panel into my misses house which in the north of ireland , i made a mistake not going for the 10/70 panel which would have made my life abit simplier in regards to having notification of a alarm i would have gone for the GSM unit we're based in warrenpoint which is right on the border so we get southern mobile signal . anyways i'm looking to send out notifications of alarm via a BT landline i've read on boards that some of the communication units had problems texting a eircom landlines, i persume BT and eircom use simliar systems could anyone recommend a solution for me.

HKC 8/12 panels can send text messages out on telephone lines once it is an analogue line or else a filtered broadband telephone line.
    I have never connected one to BT line but I have never had any issues with an Eircom line. I do recall years ago we experienced a problem alright but that was because for some reason the line had to be enabled for text.
    Your confusion might be UPC lines, these are basically voice over IP lines as opposed to analogue.......Therefore text messages are not voice so do not function.
    Is the BT line an actual telephone line or is it also bringing in TV and broadband?
    If you have the UPC type scenario then you are snookered and will need a HKC GSM alright. But I imagine it should work with a UK SIM card also, I emphasis should though.

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭iopener

Thanks for the reply, its a landline with phone and broadband 2 copper wires going into the house from the fibre panel down the road.I was in the wholesalers and I heard something about a broadband filter alright.I just want to know which unit to buy on the HKC website there's 2 comms unit for the 8/12 .Kub if you doing this which unit would you go for.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭kub

Thanks for the reply, its a landline with phone and broadband 2 copper wires going into the house from the fibre panel down the road.I was in the wholesalers and I heard something about a broadband filter alright.I just want to know which unit to buy on the HKC website there's 2 comms unit for the 8/12 .Kub if you doing this which unit would you go for.

Ask the guys in the wholesalers for a HKC digital communicator, it goes as a DMTC. Also if possible check if they have an Act Meters broadband filter, this is a filter specifically made for intruder alarm systems.

The other digital communicator the DTV is not compatible with the 8/12 that is for the 10/70 series.

• Registered Users Posts: 297 ✭✭stuartkee

The text wont work up the north because the server numbers that are programmed into the HKC digi use the eircom servers in the exchange so it will not interact with the BT servers and the DMTC digi is not filtered but it will not work up north unless you can get the BT text server numbers and change them in the digi

• Registered Users Posts: 11,655 ✭✭✭✭altor

Fitting a voice dialer would be an option but if you want the text and more information then the text dialer is the way to go. Here is the BT numbers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭iopener

Thanks all for the replys but you have me confused with the sms codes I think will have to pm one or two of you's when I get around do this job, I'm out of work at the moment with a hand injury, cut tendons in me fingers so I'm wearing a splint for the next 8 weeks.writing this reply is a epic.altor can I contact you when I'm fit and able.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,655 ✭✭✭✭altor

Feel free, more than happy to help :)
    The sms numbers that are loaded in the text dialer are the Eircom ones.
    Once you install the new text dialer you can simply change these in engineer mode to the BT numbers.
    Thanks all for the replys but you have me confused with the sms codes I think will have to pm one or two of you's when I get around do this job, I'm out of work at the moment with a hand injury, cut tendons in me fingers so I'm wearing a splint for the next 8 weeks.writing this reply is a epic.altor can I contact you when I'm fit and able.

Advertisement