Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Running post Appendectomy

Options
  • 28-05-2014 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭

Not looking for medical advise obviously, just wondering how anyone got on returning to running post op. Looking for experiences in terms of how it went after 3/4/5 weeks after.

Had laparoscopic surgery 10 days ago, going to leave it another week to 10 days as still bit stiff and sore. Will start with a gentle jog to see how it feels from there. Got little advice post op from surgeon but from what I've read seems dates between 2 weeks and 6 weeks are quoted.

Any thoughts welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭Jnealon

I had mine done on a Friday, was back working the following Wednesday and was planning on running the Wednesday after that until infection set in and side lined me for a couple of months.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,724 ✭✭✭kennyb3

Jnealon wrote: »
    I had mine done on a Friday, was back working the following Wednesday and was planning on running the Wednesday after that until infection set in and side lined me for a couple of months.

From the op?rough.

I was back in work quite quickly and am generally fine, just bit stiff and sore in left wound were camera went in. Wanted to push it but at same time not do damage or be my usual stupid self!

Advertisement