Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garden Trimmer - Hire

Options
  • 28-05-2014 9:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know a place preferably on the northside of the city where I can hire a garden trimmer and what would be the likely cost?

On woodies they have some for about €100 but I really only need one for the day (Saturday).

LD

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

I should be free Saturday if you want to borrow ours. Might need a long extension lead though.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭Limerick Dude

An File wrote: »
    I should be free Saturday if you want to borrow ours. Might need a long extension lead though.

Cheers man, does it need to be plugged in all the time or is there a battery in it which can be charged?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,873 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Has to be plugged in.

Just to be sure, are you talking about something like this (http://www.woodiesdiy.com/images/productImages//Zoom/1101573_550w_strimmer_ST5530_1.jpg) or something for cutting hedges?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,162 ✭✭✭✭phog

If you're trimming anything more than the edges of a lawn you'll really need a petrol one.

If you need to hire one, try Panda Hire near the train station.

phog wrote: »
    If you're trimming anything more than the edges of a lawn you'll really need a petrol one.

Yeah its actually my back garden, grass has not been cut in a long time and it needs to be trimmed / strimmed before cutting it with a lawn mower.

I was thinking a petrol one would be needed....

• Advertisement

phog wrote: »

Just rang Panda Hire there and got one sorted. Thanks for the recommendation!

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Aesop

Sorry to hijaak but does anyone know a place to buy a decent petrol strimmer. Looking for something better than the cheap stuff they sell in B&Q, woodies etc...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,178 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Aesop wrote: »
    Sorry to hijaak but does anyone know a place to buy a decent petrol strimmer. Looking for something better than the cheap stuff they sell in B&Q, woodies etc...

What about Hourigans on John's Street? They do chainsaws and all sorts of garden stuff like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 572 ✭✭✭jt65

Aesop wrote: »

try tony kiely in thomas street , found him a real gentleman to deal with

Advertisement