Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help a guy pick his wedding

Options
  • 28-05-2014 8:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭

Hi lads first time poster here , i plan on marrying my fiancee sometime in 2016. i have the rings sorted as i got the wedding band when i purchased the engagement ring. only thing is im completely disorganized and don't have a clue where to go next . was looking up places online and seen Gretna Green in Scotland that came in nicely under our budget , has anyone any tips or sites they could point me to ? where not looking at a big fancy wedding just a small civil ceremony with maybe a maximum of 20 guests :)

thanks

dave

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭Rubberchikken

stupid question but your fiancee is involved in the planning too?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

Not really im going to surprise her , she has told me nothing fancy , not loads of people and something not local :)

• Registered Users Posts: 25,732 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

pudzey101 wrote: »
    was looking up places online and seen Gretna Green in Scotland that came in nicely under our budget ,

What's the GG waiting list like these days? I heard I used to be something like 5 years.

What sort of ceremony do you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,925 ✭✭✭pudzey101

What's the GG waiting list like these days? I heard I used to be something like 5 years.

What sort of ceremony do you want?

ahh they said now if i deposit before september im guaranteed a spot in March 2016 :D Is GG a nice place to get newly wed ? ahh small civil ceremony . i was looking at all inclusive packages and GG looks so far the best and well within my budget :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,638 ✭✭✭Milly33

Well done to the lady for letting you off. And congrats to ye..

Just started the plans ourselves and it went right first pick the venue make sure things like a bar extension and rooms for you and your lady are included..
    Then Music you are sorted there I see, will your band be willing be travel if you are having it in Scotland?
    Food what type of food is up to ye but do ye have to get caterers of not.
    Then the ceremony - what are ye having church, civil, humanist.. Must think if she would like to have it outside there are only certain options available.
    Music choices for the ceremony
    Guests - how to invite printed, email etc..
    There is a funky wedding party app if your into that stuff. The Wedding Party App - you can share with your guests and they can post pictures up on it for ye.. Great idea if you are not having a photographer..
    There is lots

• Advertisement
Advertisement