Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Port overnight?

Options
  • 28-05-2014 8:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭

We're heading to the UK on the 8:05 ferry on Saturday morning and hoping to drive up Friday night and park up to avoid having to make the trip in the morning.

Has anyone used the Topaz in the port? What's it like?

Is there any alternative worth considering?

Van is a T5.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16 Keano96

Hi

Had similiar early start last year with regards to the ferry. We stayed out in howth harbour. Great spot. We had company of other MH's. Drove in in about 15-20 minutes no problems.

Regards

Ferg

Hi

Had similiar early start last year with regards to the ferry. We stayed out in howth harbour. Great spot. We had company of other MH's. Drove in in about 15-20 minutes no problems.

Regards

Ferg

Hi

Regards

Ferg

Hi

Regards

Ferg

Hi

Regards

Ferg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3 will2020

I'm on the same boat at the end of the month, I am traveling from the North so my plan is to stop in the M1 Applegreen services overnight. It seems to be fine from the small amount I could find out but if anyone has any other info I would appreciate it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,322 ✭✭✭killalanerr

You should be ok in the apple green while i have never stayed their i do live close by and have never heard of any issues their on the other hand the pub in the link is close by just off the motorway and welcoming to motorhomes,nice view and the chance of a pint to get in the holiday swing http://www.manowar.ie/#welcome
    +1 for Howth also

• Registered Users Posts: 10 madmotors

man of war pub we stayed ere with motorhome and kids the manager and staff made us feel very welcome and couldnt do a enough for us . i highly recomend this place ..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 225 ✭✭Patrickheg

You will get very little sleep at the topaz at the port. Trucks manoeuvring around the place 24/7 changing trailers/getting diesel

• Registered Users Posts: 660 ✭✭✭Moomat

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,043 ✭✭✭martinedwards

Camac valley?

Any time we've stayed there, there seem to be a ;lot of folk transiting either to or from the ferries.

we seemed to be the only ones staying put!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

Have never gone from Dublin port. Can you drive in as far as the check in booths like in Rosslare? That would be as safe a place as any to stay over night if you can drive in there.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Lochlannach

Stayed in the Topaz. As mentioned above it was quite busy - especially from about 5am onwards. We're fairly sound sleepers so we managed a reasonable nights sleep. It was €5 for the parking for the night.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭Lochlannach

I'd like to know for the future if anyone has stayed at the check in area as suggested above? If they're ok with it could be an option for the future.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Betsy Og

I'd like to know for the future if anyone has stayed at the check in area as suggested above? If they're ok with it could be an option for the future.

We parked up by the booths with a caravan about 3 years ago, no probs, seemed fairly safe etc. Think we were with Stena

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 19 white van man pyh90tm

there is loads of space around the port area, just be sensible

Advertisement