Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help me remember name of Radio Show

Options
  • 28-05-2014 2:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi All,

I've just spent a couple of hours trying to locate a radio show archive that I used to listen to around 10ish years ago. For the life of me I can remember the name. I'm pretty sure it was on Today FM and started about midnight, Monday thru Thursday with a 2 hour slot. It was very indie, and I definitely heard a lot of very eclectic stuff there for the first time (early Lisa Hannigan springs to mind). If I'm not mistaken, apart from the news, it was also ad free.

The DJ was a very quietly spoken guy, and there used to be a little blurb in the show that said something like 'Quiet Please' before a set was starting. I thought it might have been Tom Dunne Pet Sounds, but the more I search, the less I'm convinced.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Wasn't Pet Sounds at that time slot anyway, (unless it was repeated). That went out at 7pm after The Last Word.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭swampy353

leftfooter wrote: »
    Hi All,

I've just spent a couple of hours trying to locate a radio show archive that I used to listen to around 10ish years ago. For the life of me I can remember the name. I'm pretty sure it was on Today FM and started about midnight, Monday thru Thursday with a 2 hour slot. It was very indie, and I definitely heard a lot of very eclectic stuff there for the first time (early Lisa Hannigan springs to mind). If I'm not mistaken, apart from the news, it was also ad free.

The DJ was a very quietly spoken guy, and there used to be a little blurb in the show that said something like 'Quiet Please' before a set was starting. I thought it might have been Tom Dunne Pet Sounds, but the more I search, the less I'm convinced.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    Donal Daneen maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

Yeah that sounds like The Small Hours, it had a very eclectic intro and one of the bits had someone saying, "Quiet please, it's time for rehearsal."

• Registered Users Posts: 201 ✭✭Greyham

Nail on the head guys. Used to listen to it a good bit myself too. Great show.

Show name: The Small Hours

Presenter: Donal Dineen

TXtime: 00:00-02:00 Mon-Thurs

Here is a link to a very big show archive

http://www.glustech.com/smallhours/

EDIT:

Thats an old link I have from ages ago, apologies, it appears to still have tracklistings and descriptions but no longer has the audio

• Registered Users Posts: 12,904 ✭✭✭✭flazio

Was it called 'Here Comes The Night' by any chance?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 872 ✭✭✭More Music

Yeah, Here Comes The Night was the original Radio Ireland show that started in 1997.

It changed at some stage to Small Hours. Not sure when, but think it might have 2005.

• Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭leftfooter

Thanks guys, it was indeed Small Hours with DD. I was able to track down the guy who had setup the archive. He had forgotten to renew the sites DNS but has since fixed it and now everythings working again. Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭denishurley

Great outcome, brilliant!

Advertisement