Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is this phone yay or nay?

Options
  • 27-05-2014 10:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭

Looking for a decent smartphone for the missus around the €100 Mark... I seen this one below on Amazon for roughly the price I can spend..

Is it worth getting or is their better ones for the price? I've never heard of the make so I'm just wondering cam anyone help? It's on meteor preferably and needs a half decent camera and good at apps especially Facebook etc...

Any help appreciated cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

Im sounding like a broken record but just buy a Moto G, you can get them cheap enough from Tesco-Direct theres plenty of walkthroughs, even the Moto E is a decent phone if you need an SD slot

• Registered Users Posts: 188 ✭✭Admldj

Their not great to be honest ,I bought one off amazon about a year ago for the oh, not exactly the same but the specs are pretty much identical ,the camera is desperate! like something from a €20 phone and the screen is pretty poor ,they are fine for apps games etc but just don't cut it when you push them, she took my s3 when I upgraded and was glad to get rid of it, maybe look around on donedeal or adverts for a branded phone at least you can be sure of spec hope that helps op

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Just get a moto g. OH's phone died recently and I had read several reviews about the moto g and she's delighted with it. I'd be happy using it instead of my Nexus 4 tbh. The main "missing" features aren't things I actually use (NFC, LTE).

A colleague bought one for his (Russian) mother and as vanilla Android (which is more or less what this phone runs with very few modifications) doesn't ship with Russian, he had to install Cyanogenmod on it (CM has a Russian translation). He said rooting them is dead easy (just as easy as Nexus devices). I have CM11 on my N4 but the OH didn't want me messing with her new phone...fair enough, but it'll be easy to flash when motorola stop supporting it with their own updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

murphaph wrote: »
    Just get a moto g. OH's phone died recently and I had read several reviews about the moto g and she's delighted with it. I'd be happy using it instead of my Nexus 4 tbh. The main "missing" features aren't things I actually use (NFC, LTE).

Moto G LTE is coming soon, for a tiny bit more [or the same price] as the 3G model

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

I broke my Nexus 4s screen and moved to a Moto G. It really is an outrageous phone for the asking price.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

I broke my Nexus 4s screen and moved to a Moto G. It really is an outrageous phone for the asking price.

Great guys thanks for the advice.. I think I will just go for the moto g then on Amazon

• Registered Users Posts: 7,265 ✭✭✭RangeR

But but but, you say you're on Meteor. Why not purchase it from them? When you factor in delivery charges, wait time etc, it's a snip at €150 online or in store.

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

RangeR wrote: »
    But but but, you say you're on Meteor. Why not purchase it from them? When you factor in delivery charges, wait time etc, it's a snip at €150 online or in store.

Yep didn't notice that, cheers for the heads up

Advertisement