Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oscar's Barber Shop Limerick

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,279 ✭✭✭ronanc15

That's now my regular barber. Initially a mate of mine who is a barber started working there when they opened up so I followed him up there. Have gotten to know the rest of the barbers in there. Really great team, can't recommend them enough. Nice friendly atmosphere in there too!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

used them a few times. No complaints at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Johnnythefox4

Do they actually give you what you ask for?

The reason I am asking is because in the last place I got my hair cut, I showed the barber a pic on my phone of the haircut I wanted. The guy barely even looked at it , and completely ignored what I asked for. I didn't ask for anything complicated, but it drives me mad when they have decided what haircut you are getting as soon as you sit down :mad:.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,325 ✭✭✭Tefral

Yep they will Chris is the manager there. Go in and speak to him, he is a brilliant barber and will set ya straight.

The owner Steve is there a lot also and the man is a perfectionist so wouldn't let you go without having exactly what ya wanted.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

Do they actually give you what you ask for?

The reason I am asking is because in the last place I got my hair cut, I showed the barber a pic on my phone of the haircut I wanted. The guy barely even looked at it , and completely ignored what I asked for. I didn't ask for anything complicated, but it drives me mad when they have decided what haircut you are getting as soon as you sit down :mad:.

This is an issue. Johnny's barbers guilty of this from time to time. They all seem to have the same haircut in there, and give you the same one! ;):pac:

In fairness, they do give you a decent haircut.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭gotasmoke

I've been going there regularly for the last few months and it's the only barber that I use now. I don't know all of their names but I've had my hair cut by 3 or 4 different people in there and they all do a great job.

seachto7 wrote: »
    This is an issue. Johnny's barbers guilty of this from time to time. They all seem to have the same haircut in there, and give you the same one! ;):pac:

In fairness, they do give you a decent haircut.

Haha that's where I went to.Yeah it's still a decent haircut, but just annoyed I didn't get what I asked for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

My problem these days, is when I go in and say "I have no idea what type of haircut to get", I often get a blank stare.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

I went in a few months ago not expecting much , sorry I dunno why, I'm used to my own barber I suppose but I was more than happy with the hair cut I got. They were all sound and the owner I think was dead on. I'm not from limerick but when I'm down around there with time to spare I tip in there for a haircut now. No complaints here

seachto7 wrote: »
    My problem these days, is when I go in and say "I have no idea what type of haircut to get", I often get a blank stare.

That's poor customer service. I used to go to a barber in Dublin, and they would be happy to give you advice. That's the difference between a top barber and an average one. The top one's can do a wide variety of cuts, while the average one's only know about 3 or 4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭lazyman

Chris used to work out in jonnys and I always found him good, I've been going there for years but the place isn't the same since jonny sold it, went to the new celtic barber up near claughan and the guy in there was one of the best barber's I've been to so ill be going there in future.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,648 ✭✭✭vkid

lazyman wrote: »
    Chris used to work out in jonnys and I always found him good, I've been going there for years but the place isn't the same since jonny sold it, went to the new celtic barber up near claughan and the guy in there was one of the best barber's I've been to so ill be going there in future.

Where's the Celtic Barber?

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

After reading this thread this morning, I tried Oscars today... they did a good job and for €13 too (where others are charging €16 to €20).

I'll definitely go back.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭bennyl10

lazyman wrote: »

That the place next to mace in springfield?

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭lazyman

Ya that's the place, 15euro too. Up next to mace and paddy power.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

Try the new place next to paddy powers across from claughaun gaa club. Got my hair cut there twice lately. Two of the best cuts i had in a long time.

Advertisement