Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't make/receive calls or texts after s4 unlock? Help needed

Options
  • 27-05-2014 8:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    TToday I signed up to a tesco Mobile 30 day sim plan. I had a meteor payg phone. A Samsung galaxy s4 which I had unlocked today. After I put in my new tesco sim I can't get any phone service, except for spotty mobile data connection. I tested sim in another phone and it's perfect, can anyone tell me what this is and how I can fix it please?
    Thanks so much,
    Padraic

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

Has anybody got any ideas??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭daytob

have you tried another sim in the phone? it could be on the phone end? or it could be the sim card is not suitable for the phone. how old is the sim card?

daytob wrote: »
    have you tried another sim in the phone? it could be on the phone end? or it could be the sim card is not suitable for the phone. how old is the sim card?

It's a brand new sim from tesco. The guy put my sim in his phone and it worked perfectly. He was saying something about high end phones having two locks or something? Maybe it was only half unlocked.... I don't know anyway but it's so frustrating

havent a clue but could read this guy.
    I didnt have time to do a full run around and find the answers for you
    http://www.ebay.com/gds/How-to-Unlock-Samsung-Galaxy-S2-S3-S4-Note-Note2-/10000000177622132/g.html

daytob wrote: »
    havent a clue but could read this guy.
    I didnt have time to do a full run around and find the answers for you
    http://www.ebay.com/gds/How-to-Unlock-Samsung-Galaxy-S2-S3-S4-Note-Note2-/10000000177622132/g.html

Cheers I'll take a look :)

• Advertisement

Just been to the phone repair shop.
    He said its been network barred???
    So he said its completely useless now.
    Does that sound right??

was the phone always yours or did you just buy it 2nd hand?
    if it was always yours the imei should be linked to your name, i would get onto whoever sold you the phone and get them to unlock it. if it was 2nd hand when you bought it then its been reported stolen and you now own a brick. sorry :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭projectgtr

was it your phone originally? You definitely have options but that depends on your answer

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭ianblyth

When the unlock was done whoever did it either didn't flash the correct modem file to the phone after or when it was being unlocked it wiped the imei number. Check the imei number that the phone has. Settings. About phone. Status. If imei is all 000000000. Or starts 0049 then the imei number was corrupted. Can be fixed by Fonfix.ie or in most phone repair shops. If it has been network blocked your outta luck on meteor. Switch to Vodafone it'll still work.

ianblyth wrote: »
    When the unlock was done whoever did it either didn't flash the correct modem file to the phone after or when it was being unlocked it wiped the imei number. Check the imei number that the phone has. Settings. About phone. Status. If imei is all 000000000. Or starts 0049 then the imei number was corrupted. Can be fixed by Fonfix.ie or in most phone repair shops. If it has been network blocked your outta luck on meteor. Switch to Vodafone it'll still work.

Only have seen this now guys sorry. Yes it only stopped after the unlock. Just checked imei and it says unknown?? Does this mean it might possibly be still fixed?

• Advertisement
Advertisement