Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Half Marathon

Options
  • 27-05-2014 5:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭

Quick one, running 5 miles 10ks comfortable enough,want to do a half marathon in 10 weeks or so.

Programs online give a 10 week build up starting off with 4k runs,is there a need to follow this i could i continue on with the 5 miles 10ks and build up that way

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,510 ✭✭✭✭Krusty_Clown

superref wrote: »
    Quick one, running 5 miles 10ks comfortable enough,want to do a half marathon in 10 weeks or so.

Programs online give a 10 week build up starting off with 4k runs,is there a need to follow this i could i continue on with the 5 miles 10ks and build up that way
    This one starts at 5k/5mile level, though it does include some speed-work.

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭maw368

Load of running advice here... http://www.dedic8.org.uk my advice is to run as much as you can, listen to your body, your body will tell you when you need rest. Most people set mental barriers and can run a lot further than they realise. Also many people need less recovery than what is commonly thought. Great post by the legend Dean Karnazes talking about the uncomfortable truth of recovery on that website... but this means you should still listen to your body as we are all different

Advertisement