Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Triton T90 Shower Repair/Replacement

Options
  • 27-05-2014 5:26pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 9

Hi there, need to have a shower repaired/replaced. Not even sure if it's a plumber or sparky I should be looking for.

Can anyone recommend someone good & good value.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

If you are replacing like for like then it is straightforward enough I've done two myself and I'm not much of a diyer. Just make sure your water and trip switches are off

Hi there, need to have a shower repaired/replaced. Not even sure if it's a plumber or sparky I should be looking for.

Can anyone recommend someone good & good value.

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,301 ✭✭✭greasepalm

usually life on shower is around 8-9 years as thats when i had to replace mine again and just went for a higher rated unit easy swap with water off and power cut.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 124 ✭✭Dark sun

What is the problem with the shower.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,538 ✭✭✭A2LUE42

I bought the T90XR, I think, in B&Q and replaced it myself. It was very simple, as long as you are careful. It was the newer version and pipes were in the same place. the holes to fix to the wall are different, so just get a 5mm tile drill bit and you should be grand.
    Turn off the power and water. Replace the unit. Use the vavle to bleed the water into the shower. It is in the instructions. I had it done in under two hours, including having to drive back to B&Q to get a tile bit, as I couldn't find one of mine.

Advertisement