Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Short term internet in Limerick

Options
  • 27-05-2014 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

I've got a job in Limerick for the summer, but the place that I'm staying in doesn't come equipped with internet. Does anyone have any advice on short term internet in Limerick city? I was looking at the dongles and things like that, but they all seem to be quite expensive for limited data usage

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭Gallee

http://www.three.ie/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/m25-mifi-e5220.jpg

this for €49 with pay as you go 1G of data that lasts 30 days for €15

• Registered Users Posts: 3,735 ✭✭✭Stuxnet

Magnet do a contract free monthly deal, Im on it, no issues.
    Its ADSL tho, not that dongle crap

• Registered Users Posts: 8,815 ✭✭✭squonk

Magnet FTW tbh. There's an up front cost for the install but it's 45/month with no cap that I can see and no contract. It's up to 100MB as well. How long are you in LImerick for? You'll probably get 3 bb with a fair usage for fairly little. I'm not sure they do a monthly rollover deal but you wont' be getting near 100Mb so it's all relative and depends on what you use it for.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 aineb100

I'm only in this place for 3 months which is why I was looking at things that don't have an installation cost like the dongles and mifis

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭fl4pj4ck

you will not find a deal like that, it's either pay for equipment and get monthly billing or sign up for a year and get equipment free

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,863 ✭✭✭seachto7

meteor dongle, 20/month

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

3 have 4G in Limerick. Mobile dongles are the cheapest solution here I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭homingbird

JUST get 3 mobile broadband 20 euro for 20 gigs my sister uses it & its fine the cheapest you will get. meant for a phone but works in a dongle.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,147 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

Just beware with monthly dongle limits as the penalties for going over your usage can add up to a big bill.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,273 ✭✭✭homingbird

CatFromHue wrote: »
    Just beware with monthly dongle limits as the penalties for going over your usage can add up to a big bill.

Not for using pay as yo go because once your limit is up you have to top up again.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

This website might be handy for comparing the different providers.

http://www.bonkers.ie/compare-tv-broadband-phone/mobile-broadband/

3 do all you can eat data for €20, you could tether your phone to your computer but it may be against their T&C's. I find 3 quite good, customer service is diabolical though.

Advertisement