Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

George Stein - the Waffen SS

Options
  • 27-05-2014 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

Shot in the dark guys, but has anyone got this book...I need a citation out of it and the pages shown on Amazon don't include the relevant page...

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,297 ✭✭✭✭Jawgap

What about Google Books....

http://books.google.ie/books?id=-KEtPlNQJNgC

Do you need a page no. or the bibliographical info....

Stein, G. H. (1984). The Waffen SS: Hitler's Elite Guard at War, 1939-1945, Cornell University Press.

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭lurker2000

Thanks for the reply...I needed to see a page which doesn't actually appear in the preview, its page 375f. This has been used by an author to cite an assertion that I feel is incorrect...The strange thing is that the body of the book only appears to go to page 315 before the index kicks in and that only goes to page 330, but Amazon say the book has 380 pages...so all a bit of a mystery....

Was just contemplating actually buying it to look for myself when the author who cited this book has got word to me tonight that his work in his native language has somehow got corrupted when it was translated into English, meaning that the truth has somehow been misquoted !!!! ....hmmmmmm.... problem is, that his assertion has subsequently transcended into fact on the wiki page of the man he has accused (with no relevant evidence it seems) ......and in this case its not wiki's fault !!

So thanks for your reply 'Jawgap'...we live and learn !

Advertisement