Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Post Grad Grant/Funding

Options
  • 27-05-2014 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭

Does anyone have an experience with this? I'm applying for postgrads this year and looking at funding options. I'm 23 but I don't live at home. I don't currently have any income (other than what little I get on the dole) but really want to do a masters. Are there any grants/funding options I could apply for/look into? I've tried reading up about it online but it seems that because I did my undergrad degree before the age of 24 I don't qualify? Is that true? Seems a bit irrelevant now. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 jonny_bravo

To be honest that doesn't sound right...I'm investigating about grants/scholarships at the moment and I know you have to apply to susi for a state funded grant where your application is assessed on your income and dependency. Also, you should try look up scholarships if you hold a 2.1 or higher degree.

:-)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,029 ✭✭✭Lockstep

Scholarships for masters are very thin on the ground, SUSI have something where they'll pay your fees (no maintenance though) but I did my masters abroad so I'm not sure of the exact workings of it.

That said, you could consider doing your masters abroad. Tuition fees for the rest of the EEA are much, much lower than Ireland (between free and €2k)

Mastersportal.eu is a good place to look

• Registered Users Posts: 1 Morgallion

Hi,
    Would anyone happen to know if recipients of the €2000 postgraduate fee contribution from SUSI are exempt from paying the €2750 student contribution fee?
    Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 7 susidcu

Morgallion wrote: »
    Hi,
    Would anyone happen to know if recipients of the €2000 postgraduate fee contribution from SUSI are exempt from paying the €2750 student contribution fee?
    Thanks
    postgrads don't pay a contribution fee of 2750e

• Registered Users Posts: 2,540 ✭✭✭freeze4real

What do you mean postgrads don't pay contribution fee ?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,040 ✭✭✭Scrappychimow

What do you mean postgrads don't pay contribution fee ?

If you want to do a masters and it costs 6000 fee for the course, you don't pay an extra 2000 fee.

Advertisement