Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Rfactor 2 so Far

• 27-05-2014 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭

Hey,

Just wanted to let everyone know how RF2 is getting on if you haven't booted it up for a while. They have now released the Indianapolis Motor Speedway and Dallara Indycar DW12. I just got to try them last night and have to say its probably the best single seater in RF2. Loads of power, loads of grip, perfect driving position, whats not to love?
    The speeds on the oval are incredible too and I cant imagine what these would be like to drive in real life.
    Its brought a new found respect from me for Indycar drivers and I will now try to catch as much of it on TV as I can.

Anyway, give it a go, there is a new FR3.5 car as well, the game really has come on an awful lot :)

Get out on track!

Clive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I bought into rf2 and had some good times with it until Assetto corsa came out.

I've gone back and tried some of the updates, I tried the Panoz roadster on the nords but the way the car lost the rear end felt very artificial compared to AC. Tried the go karts and while it was pretty good I have kart race pro which is better.

rf2 is certainly the better race simulator at the moment but the driving mechanics aren't a patch on AC.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭_HULK_SMASH!

ScumLord wrote: »
    I bought into rf2 and had some good times with it until Assetto corsa came out.

I've gone back and tried some of the updates, I tried the Panoz roadster on the nords but the way the car lost the rear end felt very artificial compared to AC. Tried the go karts and while it was pretty good I have kart race pro which is better.

rf2 is certainly the better race simulator at the moment but the driving mechanics aren't a patch on AC.

I tried the Panoz and hated it :(... The atmosphere at INDY is great and I think the DW-12 is amazing, its just planted enough to give you confidence on twisty tracks but will oversteer on the power if you take the piss..

I also really like the driving position, theres a good view out the front to help you place the car correctly and it really feels like you are in the car, its definitely my favourite RF2 car so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I've been wanting to give indy a go, I've downloaded all the updates but I'm apprehensive about whether it's a style of racing I'll like.

• Registered Users Posts: 139 ✭✭_HULK_SMASH!

ScumLord wrote: »
    I've been wanting to give indy a go, I've downloaded all the updates but I'm apprehensive about whether it's a style of racing I'll like.

Honestly I got bored watching oval racing on TV, Nascar mainly, then I remember trying the Nascar in GT5 and it suddenly clicked.. No longer worried about the corners you can concentrate on your rivals around you and pack driving can be an exhilarating experience, I still prefer road courses but you really feel like you are battling other drivers rather than the track on ovals.

Advertisement