Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Contact

Options
  • 27-05-2014 10:06am
    Registered Users Posts: 20

So I received an email this morning from the brother of my birth mother. I had emailed him last Thursday as I suspected he was related to her. He confirmed my suspicions and said he would pass on her contact details to me after she had taken some time to deal with the shock. It was only this day last month that I started actively looking for her, by going into the GRO for my birth certificate. I guess I’m in shock. I can’t believe how quickly all of this has happened (the internet is a powerful thing). I haven’t really slowed down and thought about it all until now and it has hit me like a hammer. I’ve read a lot of the stories on this forum over the past month and they’ve been a massive help. Both in what way to go with my research and how to prepare myself with making contact. So thanks guys! Now I just have to play the waiting game.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 942 ✭✭✭Ghekko

Best of luck going forward. Had you been in contact with an adoption agency at all, or did you do it all yourself?

• Registered Users Posts: 20 retinalcircus

I did it myself. I got very lucky, things just fell into place once I got the ball rolling.

Wow that's great. Did your bm's brother know about you? I would imagine there was a time where even siblings were kept in the dark. I am itching to get to the GRO to look for dhs birth cert. He is on the waiting list for the adoption agency to see him at the moment. There aren't many ahead of him but he still doesn't know the timeframe in which cases are death with so it could be a while yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 retinalcircus

He did know about me but I don't know about any of her other siblings or even if her parents knew. I was only going to seek help from the agency if I hit a brick wall with my search. GRO is great but bring some help with you it can be very time consuming!

I can imagine it must take ages. I have a friend who is only dying to come up with me for the day. Dh not as over awed about the whole process but I think he is worried about how his bp might feel about him looking for them. Update if you feel up to it when you do make contact with her. I am fascinated by all the stories here.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 43 Terri Kiernan

I hope you have good news soon I get so much hope from the different stories on this site. Although sometimes I get a bit down just thinking about a little baby boy whom I loved so dearly he has no idea who I am and what kind of person I am.
    He does not want to make contact, but I am currently recording all my music pieces finally after all these years of writing music I have been to the studio and they are so nice, and soon my album will be finished I would love to send him a copy he may choose to bin it but maybe just maybe he will listen to my pieces especially two of them they are about him and me, and that way if I have to leave this world without meeting him, I will be able to rest knowing he can listen to a mother,s love played solely from her heart, I did mention him so he will know for sure, do you think it is a good idea or will I just annoy him for making contact again? it is about 8 years now since I last tried. He is 41 years old this year, sovery hard to believe.
    Anyone any idea if I should?
    Thanks for listening
    Terri

Terri I think it would be worth a try. As I have mentioned to you, Dh really only thought about how birth mothers must feel after hearing all the recent stories in the media - from Philomena to radio interviews of bm's. Tracing was not on his mind up to now. Who knows, as your son has matured he may well think differently now. Am I right in thinking you know his address? Would you be sending it to him directly?

Advertisement