Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC quantam 70- Outputs

Options
  • 26-05-2014 9:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭

Had a quick look at the Quatam 70 and it said two outputs, i think it was bell and strobe. if i wanted outside lights coming on with the system is there available output capabilities. I was on the HKC website and they have a 8-way output card that you can get for the system but i only need the one.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

The easiest solution is to use a volt relay capable of switching the required mains current for the light needed.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭zombiekiller

i understand the principal of that but could you explain it please. what type of relay and how would it be connected in the panel. thanks

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You use a relay with a 12 volt DC coil and contacts rated at 10 amps.
    Connect aux + to one sside of the coil and Bell - to the other.
    Connect permanent live to the common terminal of the relay and connect the live to the light to the normally open on the relay.

• Registered Users Posts: 142 ✭✭zombiekiller

thanks koolkid.

Your welcome. I hope it makes sense.
    If you have any questions come back to me.

• Advertisement
Advertisement