Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

What are the Best Blues/Rock Live Music Pubs?

• 26-05-2014 7:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭

Have moved to Cork City and looking to go out on weekends in the city to hear some live music. I love the blues and blues/rock. Can anyone recommend any nice pubs which have live blues/rock bands, and a good pint of guinness?
    Have been to Charlies Bar, it's great.
    Been to Canty's Bar, they don't have a lot of blues/rock but they have a good pint, and they are having an awesome originals and blues/rock band doing a special Rory tribute on the Friday 6th June on the Rory Festival weekend.
    So I'll be going to that one for sure! (can't wait)
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 74 ✭✭druidstone

any suggestions ppl?

• Registered Users Posts: 903 ✭✭✭Bassfish

The Cornerhouse on Coburg st.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,374 ✭✭✭Hotale.com

I don't go out in Cork City at all, but Cyprus avenue often have gigs on and it's essentially two rooms, one's a bar and the other's a room with a stage and some floor space. They've a Rory Gallagher night on the 6th and 7th of June.

http://www.cyprusavenue.ie

There's also Fred Zeppelin's, but to be honest I don't even know if they do live gigs. And I'm only presuming they're a hard rock pub because of their name :pac:

Maybe ask a mod if you could move this to the rock & metal forum? I think you'd get better answers there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭twowheelsonly

The City is great for live music at the moment. There's loads of good bands around and loads of pubs hosting them.

Apart from Fred Zeppilins (Rock/hard rock & blues) most places do a cross section of music rather than a particular genre.

Apart from what's been mentioned - Upstairs in the Roundy, The Grafton, The Oliver Plunkett, Crane Lane, The Brú Bar and Coughlans in Douglas St. There's plenty more but you'd really have to check them out week by week. Thursdays Evening Echo is the one to get as there's a 'Whats On' supplement for the coming week that includes band previews and reviews etc..

Advertisement