Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Flyfishing on the Barrow.

Options
  • 26-05-2014 7:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all,

Was thinking of trying a bit of flyfishing for trout on the Barrow this weekend.

The area i have in mind was a couple of miles upstream and downstream of Graiguenamanagh.

Could anyone reccomend what flies might do the job?
    Any other tips would be much appreciated :p

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭vermin99

Cast in under trees on far bank in the evening there can be great fishing. Not sure exactly what there taking lately to be honest. The angling club released a good lot of trout a few weeks ago so the fishing is good definitely worth a trip.mind the large stones under covered in moss if your wading.hope this helped

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Troutbum14

vermin99 wrote: »
    Cast in under trees on far bank in the evening there can be great fishing. Not sure exactly what there taking lately to be honest. The angling club released a good lot of trout a few weeks ago so the fishing is good definitely worth a trip.mind the large stones under covered in moss if your wading.hope this helped

Fantastic , thank you very much.
    Is there much of an olive hatch? I mean is it worth fishing dry flies or should I stick with wet flies/buzzers/nymphs that kind of thing?

Thanks a million, didnt realise the angling club had just stocked it.

Advertisement