Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

bridesmaids.com/customs

Options
  • 26-05-2014 5:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭

Just wondering how people dealt with customs on dresses ordered from the US. Mine shipped last week. I'm away right now and my poor mother is freaking as a note arrived today asking for proof of purchase etc. I emailed revenue anyway about it but am confused as to the info I need to provide.

Note arrived addressed to a bridesmaid and not me. So I'm wondering should we expect a further two notes addressed to the other two BMs? As in, were all three dresses shipped seperately to the one address. I know culturally in the us that BMs order and pay for their own dresses which would explain them being shipped seperately.

I told revenue the cost for one and the cost for all three together so hope there's no confusion. It's a us holiday so the shop won't be able to reply today either.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 206 ✭✭almorris

Me thinks your going to have to pay the import and tax on the dress's. Maybe 1 or 2 will sneak in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

You obviously got a receipt when you bought the dresses? Then I'd e-mail Revenue a copy. They probably want to know the price so that VAT can be levied. And you won't get the goods until it's paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,159 ✭✭✭stinkle

almorris wrote: »
    Me thinks your going to have to pay the import and tax on the dress's. Maybe 1 or 2 will sneak in.
    Yeah im aware it needs to be paid. I wasnt trying to sneak anything, which is why I posted and said I had emailed all details to revenue.

No I never got a receipt but thanjfulky dresses arrived today and all I did was mail revenue the info on the purchase. FAO other brides in future: Dresses took just over 2 months from order to ship, and a further 8 days to arrive, including the wait for revenue to release them. Not bad at all!

Advertisement