Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Piper home security system

Options
  • 26-05-2014 3:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

What are peoples thoughts on the Piper wireless home security system?

http://getpiper.com/

They are available in Europe from June 2014 onwards. Most of the technology reviews rate the system highly but I've not really seen many customer reviews since it's U.S launch.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭kub

Whenever it has EN50131-2 stamped on it, then i might start taking it seriously. It does not strike me as a professional security system and expect to see it available in Argos, B&Q and Woodies along with the Yale alarm equipment.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I am never in favor of any system that uses PiRs as the first line of defense.
    Your alarm will never activate untill someone is in the house. Perimeter protection is always better.

• Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭domcq

KoolKid wrote: »
    I am never in favor of any system that uses PiRs as the first line of defense.
    Your alarm will never activate untill someone is in the house. Perimeter protection is always better.

When you say perimeter protection, are you referring to shock sensors or something external to the house?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I'm referring to shock sensors and contacts.

Advertisement