Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Phone app for making little holiday movie?

Options
  • 26-05-2014 3:20pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

So I'm going on holidays and I'd like to try making a little movie of little snippets of a few seconds of video all stitched together.

I use Instagram Video a bit - I really like how it works where you just hold the record button - and let go and it just pauses - you can delete the last one and then go again. Problem is it only does 15 seconds and I want way longer than that. Other problem is you need to upload it before it saves on your phone and I will be overseas.

The other option is HTC Zoe which I've just found out about but no idea if I can edit and rearrange the videos into my order to produce what I want - or if its just automatic.

Does anyone know of a video app that does this? Lets me take loads of little snippet videos - and easily arrange them into highlight reels etc?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

I wouldn't have much experience with apps but I would assume most phones have a backup feature. If there's a way of syncing up particular folders on your phone with say your google drive account it should be able to just sync everything up once it gets a wifi connection.

Then you can just use your camera as normal and let it back up the video online when it can.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭Zascar

Thanks but I'd really prefer a totally offline system. I take some small videos - the program lets me throw all of them together, rearrange and pop out a little 5 minute video. No need for uploading and downloading

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭LG1234

Magisto is decent, but doesnt let you control what part of the videos you use. Animoto is good as well, you can pick and choose wha you want but it looks more like a slideshow. Magisto looks more like a professional movie.

Advertisement