Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

push to open press door

Options
  • 26-05-2014 1:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭

hi all was just wondering could anyone help me i have fitted wardrobes and don`t want to put handles on them . i seen fitting that you put on the inside of the press that when you push the outside of the door ,it opens it.if anyone could help me as to where i can get them or what there called i would be very greatful thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭lgk

€5.20 a pair in Ikea. Hafele do them as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭rossit

top man thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

rossit wrote: »
    hi all was just wondering could anyone help me i have fitted wardrobes and don`t want to put handles on them . i seen fitting that you put on the inside of the press that when you push the outside of the door ,it opens it.if anyone could help me as to where i can get them or what there called i would be very greatful thanks

I'm not sure but I think they only work with non sprung hinges. The push fitting has magnetic catch so the door will spring open so far and then just pull it open the rest of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 879 ✭✭✭woodturner

rossit wrote: »

I'm not sure but I think they only work with non sprung hinges. The push fitting has magnetic catch so the door will spring open so far and then just pull it open the rest of the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭lgk

woodturner wrote: »

I have them on doors sprung hinges, no magnetic catch. They're powerful enough to push the door out the inch or two required to do the rest yourself manually.

• Advertisement
Advertisement