Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

call to 11811

Options
  • 26-05-2014 12:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭

Recently called 11811. Received my bill and they charged me 4.72€ for a 30sec call, during which the girl couldn't even find the place I asked her for (when I got home, I found the number straight away on the Internet, unfortunately I couldn't wait until then)

I went on the site to check the prices: http://www.callcosts.ie/directory_enquiries/Directory_Enquiry_Pricing.376.LE.asp

They don't have any for my operator (Tescomobile). The costs for other operators is well below 4.72€. What a rip off, never again!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,444 ✭✭✭DMcL1971

The Tescomobie charges are listed here http://www.tescomobile.ie/priceplans/callcharges/other-call-charges.aspx

It is a ridiculous charge. They charge 2.60 connection fee and a minimum 1.65 per minute. That is 4.25 just for a 1 second call.

The others seem to charge around 80c to 120c for both connection and per minute.

I'm with LycaMobile, they only charge 12c connection and 66c per minute.

• Registered Users Posts: 867 ✭✭✭Nanazolie

Thanks for the list of prices. I didn't realise that there were other directory enquiries numbers. The 11888 is the cheapest, I'll use that one from now on. I only need it once in a blue moon, but will save it for next time I need it

• Registered Users Posts: 4,717 ✭✭✭Xterminator

if you have a smartphone- i really dont see why you would use directory enquiries.

Web search is the way to go.

if you have a smartphone- i really dont see why you would use directory enquiries.

Web search is the way to go.

Not everyone has a smartphone :D

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭kline64

Hi does anyone know what I have to do or contact to see the numbers looked for by ringing 11811 number just got a upc Bill & 11811 number was rang a number of times which came to a total of 89euros !

• Advertisement

kline64 wrote: »
    Hi does anyone know what I have to do or contact to see the numbers looked for by ringing 11811 number just got a upc Bill & 11811 number was rang a number of times which came to a total of 89euros !

You didn't make these calls, I assume? Would you not get the info by calling 11811 customer services?

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭kline64

Nanazolie wrote: »
    You didn't make these calls, I assume? Would you not get the info by calling 11811 customer services?

They were made by someone staying here & I want to find out who they were ringing from my phone & if I ring 11811 customer service surely that's gonna cost me the ridiculous price they charge or am I wrong

• Registered Users Posts: 789 ✭✭✭65535

This problem has arisen because of the question at the end of the provider giving you the number.
    The question is 'do you want me to put you through'.
    If you decide to call 118xx and ask them for a premium number and then you get put through the carrier has to recoup what it will be charged.

Advertisement