Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

National Certificate in Computing

Options
  • 26-05-2014 9:36am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭

Hi people.

Sorry I don't know what other forum to put this in. I received a national certificate in computing in 2000.

I heard that the national certificate is now awarded as a national diploma or something along those lines?. Does anyone know anything about this or who to contact for information?.

Cheers.

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,745 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

The QQI who have replaced HETAC and FETAC would be the successor agency of whoever authorised it at the time.

If its a Higher Certificate its equivalent to a Level 6 (which was called a Diploma for a while by HETAC but doesn't seem to be anymore by QQI) and you may be able to upgrade it to a Level 7 or 8 degree with less years / modules / credits than otherwise required, however as its 14 years old a lot of doors will be closed on that path.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,191 ✭✭✭Feelgood

Thanks mate. I will try contacting the QQI about it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,215 ✭✭✭Kur4mA

Get onto the QQI as above, but essentially the National Certificate is now the level 6 Higher Certificate.

Advertisement