Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Two tablets. App incompatible with one.

Options
  • 26-05-2014 9:32am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭

My kids got got an asus hd7 each and recently i tried to put an antivirus app on but it says it is incompatible on one of them. How is that possible?
    The tablet in question has had a full restore a while beforehand so im wondering could that be part of the problem?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Kavrocks

There is no need for antivirus software on an Android tablet (or phone). You are wasting your time and money. What's of more benefit is anti-theft software.

There are a multitude of reasons why that could happen my first thought would be different Android versions.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

shedweller wrote: »
    My kids got got an asus hd7 each and recently i tried to put an antivirus app on but it says it is incompatible on one of them. How is that possible?
    The tablet in question has had a full restore a while beforehand so im wondering could that be part of the problem?

It sounds like the tablets may have come out of the box with a later Android version and the full restore has returned one of them to an earlier version which the app does not support.

This sounds unusual, because most apps would support a broad range of Android versions, but you can check this by going to Settings -> About Device and checking the Android version.

If one of them has an older version, update it and try to install your app again.

On an unrelated note, I would agree with the above poster that I am not sure how much value there really is in having antivirus software for Android.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭hallo dare

This happened me on an S2 when installing Instagram.

On my first S2 it installed no problem. Wrecked the phone so got a new one.

On the second S2 (running the same firmware as the original) it said that the app was not compatible with my device, this was even with a multitude of apps i was having the problem. So i done a full system reset and then all was fine.

Just one of those things i guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,029 ✭✭✭shedweller

Ok so i checked both tablets and they are up to date. Both showing android version 4.2.2 and kernel version 3.4.5
    I have clicked to update and am told they are ok.
    Weird.

Advertisement