Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech CS350 Fuse Blowing

Options
  • 25-05-2014 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi, I'm hoping someone can help me.

We have just moved into a new house with an Aritech CS350 alarm system installed. After a factory reset and changing the fuse for the external bell it seemed to work okay.

I then went into test output and changed something from low to high and the fuse blew again. I'm not sure how to fix it as every fuse I put in now blows, even after I have set everything to low.

Can someone advise the best settings for this to stop a fuse blowing?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7 FC93

Hi, hoping someone can help with my internal sounder.

The internal sound bomb on my system is not sounding when the system is in alarm. Does this have to be set up or should it happen automatically?

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭kub

Sounds like it is either a problem up the the external siren or the cable going to it.
    This is also the case with the other thread which you started.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

One thread is enough.
    Merged...

kub wrote: »
    Sounds like it is either a problem up the the external siren or the cable going to it.
    This is also the case with the other thread which you started.

Thanks Kub - I will have a look at the cables. I really hope I don't have to start climbing up to the external siren!

KoolKid wrote: »
    One thread is enough.
    Merged...

Hi Koolkid. I created two threads since the external siren does work when I replace the fuse, but the internal sound bomb does not work at all. I thought they were separate issues.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

These issue may be the same cause as the internal and the external strobe would be connected. If not they are related enough to cover in the one thread.
    As kub suggests check the sab cable first.

• Advertisement

I replaced the external bell fuse with a 2A instead of a 1A and the external bell seems to be working fine now.

Although the internal sound bomb still never activates when it should. Does this need to be set up from the control panel or should it do it automatically?

Thanks!

If the panel is blowing one amp fuses and not 2 amp ones you have not solved the problem. If anything you are probably damaging the panel. There's either a problem with the bell or the cable . You need to narrow that down first.
    As for the internal not working, is the strobe on the external working?

Advertisement