Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Harry and Paul's story of the twos

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

It's not what I expected at all. It's like they got Charlie Brooker to write it. *edit* actually, Harry and Paul with additional material by Charlie Higson.

very surreal and satirical. best thing i've seen them do in years

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

It might be an odd place to find a burning critique of BBC2s decline into populist nonsense but that was it!

I constantly regret I was far too young to see the real Late Night Nightie with Joan Bakewell-Tart. I'm going to assume my dad was an avid viewer.

Harry Enfield's Simon Schama was terrific, indeed pretty much every characters essence was well caught - the Barry Cryer/Harry Hill combo really creased me up.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,706 ✭✭✭120_Minutes

The Steve Coogan mocku on right now is good. Anything that has reeves and mortimer doing some old characters is good. Kinky John Fowler FTW.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,773 ✭✭✭✭expectationlost

the fast show sketches last night were dreadful

• Registered Users Posts: 448 ✭✭Gamayun

The Panel Show sketch was spot on, very enjoyable all round; the impressions\caricatures were great. Streets ahead of the Fast Show special.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭Dozen Wicked Words

Very funny, huge improvement on the Fast Show (even with its 4 BAFTAS!).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭phonypony

Funniest 60 minutes of TV so far this year, I was crying for much of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 72,152 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

The Bob Harris and Ian Hislop impersonations were brilliant :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,970 ✭✭✭Lenin Skynard

I thought this was terrible, very self-indulgent re-hashing of very old material. I was really looking forward to it too as I'm a big fan of Enfield/Whitehouse.

I'm just minded to post here now as I'm watching the new Fast Show episode that's on tonight. I watched the first one with great enthusiasm but switched off after ten minutes. I really regretted switching it off and thought to myself that my attention span must have shrunk since the old days. So I tuned in tonight for the new episode and I'm about to switch it off again, it's really rubbish :mad:.

Such a shame, The Fast Show and Harry Enfield used to be the best shows going, even the more recent Harry and Paul show was decent but this new stuff seems so lazy, it's really terrible. Majorly disappointing.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

I thought that was brilliant. The attention to detail in the clips they were taking off was terrific. I don't know any other channel which would 'celebrate' their anniversary by taking the piss out of themselves (and their history) to such a degree.

It reminded me of the Smashie and Nicey farewell show (also by Harry Enfield and Paul Whitehouse) which tore strips off the Radio 1 'talent' of the time.

• Advertisement

If only they'd known.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,236 ✭✭✭✭Birneybau

The Bob Harris and Ian Hislop impersonations were brilliant :)

Also Andy Parsons and whoever played Noel Fielding.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,152 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

At least we know Klaxons are still active :)

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

At least we know Klaxons are still active :)

I would watch Earlier with Jools Holland, the great lost Breakfast Show of our time! And Jeff Beck should get a BAFTA

• Registered Users Posts: 43,028 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

worth another watch

I Clavdivs was brilliant. Baftus Nominatus, Actus Tremendous, Pontius Pilates :D

Advertisement