Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UTV Webmail Forgot Password Function?

Options
  • 25-05-2014 8:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26

Anyone know how to reset a password for UTV Webmail (webmail.utvinternet.com)?

Surprisingly I can't see any regular option to reset it?

Going back in time to the ages of dial-up I set my Dad up with UTV as his ISP (he's long left dialup and UTV now of course) - but as his first address it has remained his primary email. Now its rejecting logon! It was working fine as recently as 2 weeks ago.

Apologies if this is the wrong forum - but from searching this looks closest (although I have my doubts given the topic)... (if not let me know and I'll remove & repost elsewhere)

Thanks
    CW
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

UTV have been closing emails for anyone that is no longer a customer, they sent out a good few emails about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 CWest

Thanks -
    Makes sense as an explanation.
    I've called my Dad to ask if he got such a notice from UTV...
    Answer... He has no idea! He has stacks of unread emails and unless they're of interest to him he doesn't bother reading them!!!

So I'd say you've given me my answer! (new problem for me to fix - educating my old man on a new email system being my next task :-) In this case, for this user, gmails continuous advancement is bad thing

• Registered Users Posts: 371 ✭✭Teagwee

GarIT wrote: »
    UTV have been closing emails for anyone that is no longer a customer, they sent out a good few emails about it.

Not just for non-customers, but everyone. Final date is the end of June. They are discontinuing their service entirely. The OP's dad will have to contact UTV in order to gain access to anything he needs from his email.

Advertisement