Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would you wear with this dress (summer wedding)?

Options
  • 25-05-2014 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭

Hi everyone,

I've got a wedding coming up this summer and I'm pretty sure that I'm going to go with this dress http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/kimberley-walsh-full-skirt-bib-dress/1379116830.prd?_requestid=83631

I was wondering if I could get some advice around what accessories to team with it. I'm thinking black shoes, black drop earrings and bracelet. The problem is I really hate my arms and even tho it will be summer time I don't think I'd be comfortable if they were uncovered... Originally I decided I'd wear a short black blazer as I'd be most comfortable in that, but I tried a black shrug on over the dress today and unfortunately it takes from the lovely black strap detail of the dress!
    So now I'm thinking of investing in a nice black shawl to wear over shoulders and maybe tie at the back.... Although I usually dislike wearing shawls as I feel a bit old fashioned in them!!

Anyway just thought I'd see if anyone here had any ideas??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

Also any suggestions for nail polish colours would be really appreciated too!!

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭naughtyfox

There is a product called canopi they are supposed to be sleeves that go under a dress, havent tried them myself but have heard they are good but expensive around 40 euro mark.

For nails I would do vivid pink with black french manicure style tips. Or even a french manicure with black tips instead of white.

Hope you have a good time and that dress looks fab!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,176 ✭✭✭dee_mc

naughtyfox wrote: »
    There is a product called canopi they are supposed to be sleeves that go under a dress, havent tried them myself but have heard they are good but expensive around 40 euro mark.

For nails I would do vivid pink with black french manicure style tips. Or even a french manicure with black tips instead of white.

Hope you have a good time and that dress looks fab!

Ooh or a french manicure with black tips and a feature nail with a pink flower!

• Registered Users Posts: 633 ✭✭✭augusta24

Oh wow great ideas thanks guys! I'd never think of doing anything like that with my nails but I rally like the idea now!!

Advertisement