Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

i.t industry NZ

Options
  • 25-05-2014 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭

Hi,

Just wondering how the i.t industry is doing in NZ in general? Also would anyone know the average i.t salary over there.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,718 ✭✭✭Matt Simis

zweton wrote: »
    Hi,

Just wondering how the i.t industry is doing in NZ in general? Also would anyone know the average i.t salary over there.

Thanks

Many IT jobs are in massive demand but to ask what the average IT salary is.. is a bizarre question. Pick an actual job.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Ok, average salary for a sys admin with 5 years exp?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

IT is paid well compared to other careers here, development roles pay more then infrastructure as their simply isnt enough skilled development people here to fill the rolls. We've been struggling for ages to find good, experienced C# developers.

5 year windows system admin i'd put at between $70-90K depending on whether you went private or public sector and if you have any niche skills. Some great paying contract roles on offer, could earn $120K+ by going contracting. Few of my mates that have between 5-10 years experience are all on that kind of money. Solutions Architects, BAs and Project Managers could earn $100-$200K easily.

Here's trademe's IT salary guide: http://www.trademe.co.nz/jobs/salary-guide/it.htm

• Registered Users Posts: 3,939 ✭✭✭pclancy

Press Release about Xero (local cloud accounting developer) having over 160 IT vacancies right now...

http://wellington.scoop.co.nz/?p=67612

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

yeah, looks like i could be in the wrong area of i.t for these particular roles.

• Advertisement
Advertisement