Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone else frustrated with buying a property?

Options
  • 25-05-2014 2:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I have been engaged in trying to buy a property in Dublin for the past 6 months. I have been outbidded by 'cash buyers', lead on by estate agents and confused by the elusive phantom bid. Is anybody else getting tired of this same viscous circle? Is there a more direct and transparent way to do this?

What other way could we buy property? 3 votes

Continue through estate agents
    0%
    Direct from the seller
    100%
    seamusmacchzhangShedite27 3 votes

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,672 ✭✭✭whippet

MilaKelly wrote: »
    I have been engaged in trying to buy a property in Dublin for the past 6 months. I have been outbidded by 'cash buyers', lead on by estate agents and confused by the elusive phantom bid. Is anybody else getting tired of this same viscous circle? Is there a more direct and transparent way to do this?

Unless you are willing and able to pay more than someone else for a given property there isn't much you can do really

• Registered Users Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

Just put in an offer and stick to that. If you don't get it, ce la vie.

• Registered Users Posts: 22 sizzlers

Been looking for a family home in a bog standard west Dublin suburb since March 2013. Have watched prices rise steadily and have been in 2 bidding wars (and lost). It's extremely frustrating. There are so few 4 bedroom houses available that they are the most sought after properties around here and the prices are bananas. Every report I hear or read regarding property seems to focus on the famous SCD well I can tell you, in run of the mill Lucan the prices are nuts too! Bidding wars are the norm.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭Sun in Capri

I am having the same frustration OP. Interestingly there was a property I was interested in where the estate agent told me it was being taken off the market as the owner has received an offer in cash "way above" the asking price. It disappeared from daft.ie for a few weeks and hey presto when I was looking at properties yesterday the same property is back up again with a price of about €10,000 more than previous. I am due to view a different property this week with the same estate agent and I intend to ask about the above out of interest.

Advertisement