Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Email Accounts

Options
  • 25-05-2014 1:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭

Hey everyone,

I just have a quick question regarding the email addresses (@ittd.ie) given to us. Will we have access to these email accounts forever?

Cheers,
    Gavin.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭macrubicon

You will be getting an E-Mail soon about it. @ittd.ie accounts are no longer being given out and the system will be retired.

What format that retiring will take is still being discussed and once that's decided it will be communicated.

@itnet.ie accounts are different and not a part of this @ittd.ie retirement plans.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭theGavin

macrubicon wrote: »
    You will be getting an E-Mail soon about it. @ittd.ie accounts are no longer being given out and the system will be retired.

What format that retiring will take is still being discussed and once that's decided it will be communicated.

@itnet.ie accounts are different and not a part of this @ittd.ie retirement plans.

OK, so does that mean that I will no longer be able to use my account and that I should export all of my emails, or will I still be able to access it?

Thanks for your time.

• Registered Users Posts: 637 ✭✭✭macrubicon

theGavin wrote: »
    OK, so does that mean that I will no longer be able to use my account and that I should export all of my emails, or will I still be able to access it?

Honest answer - I don't know yet. Depends on the way it's wound up. It should migrate back to a Hotmail style account but there will be 3-6 months notice on any change so you will have time. It's not going anywhere today or tomorrow but I would expect an announcement over the summer.

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭theGavin

macrubicon wrote: »
    theGavin wrote: »

Honest answer - I don't know yet. Depends on the way it's wound up. It should migrate back to a Hotmail style account but there will be 3-6 months notice on any change so you will have time. It's not going anywhere today or tomorrow but I would expect an announcement over the summer.

Ah OK. Cheers for your time :)

Advertisement