Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

No reply

Options
  • 24-05-2014 9:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭

Just wondered if anyone else has experience of being on a few dates or a single date with a girl and then they decide to just not you text you back at all?!

It's happened to me and it's incredibly rude - a one line txt to say they're not interested would be the least you'd expect!

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

Just wondered if anyone else has experience of being on a few dates or a single date with a girl and then they decide to just not you text you back at all?!

It's happened to me and it's incredibly rude - a one line txt to say they're not interested would be the least you'd expect!

I know what you mean, I text a girl after a date and few years ago, when no reply was forthcoming I rang her to see what the story was only to have a friend of hers answer the phone and say that she had found the phone on a bus

All she had to do was text back and say not interested, he's friend actually told me after that she had answered the phone, one would think I was stalking her for weeks (which I wasn't)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

whupdedo wrote: »
    I know what you mean, I text a girl after a date and few years ago, when no reply was forthcoming I rang her to see what the story was only to have a friend of hers answer the phone and say that she had found the phone on a bus

All she had to do was text back and say not interested, he's friend actually told me after that she had answered the phone, one would think I was stalking her for weeks (which I wasn't)

Would you admit it if you had been stalking her?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

I believe him but that's probably just me victim blaming as usual

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,513 ✭✭✭whupdedo

Would you admit it if you had been stalking her?

I'm sure any man with an ounce of self respect has

1.Night vision glasses
    2.used underwear stolen out of a hot girls laundry basket
    3.Chloroform
    4.a basement
    5.chains and submission equipment in aforementioned basement

Of course I'm not a stalker

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Young_gunner

Sorry - how has this thread progressed to the above bullsh1t?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 519 ✭✭✭thecatspjs

It's rude but at least you dodge a bullet. Now you don't have to waste your time with someone who thinks that it's ok to behave that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

whupdedo wrote: »
    I'm sure any man with an ounce of self respect has

1.Night vision glasses
    2.used underwear stolen out of a hot girls laundry basket
    3.Chloroform
    4.a basement
    5.chains and submission equipment in aforementioned basement

Of course I'm not a stalker

Me thinks he doth protest too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,165 ✭✭✭Wompa1

Yip. She then messaged me over a year later to ask if I could help her and a friend with a database project. She couldn't figure out relationships between tables. I tossed the phone to a friend, I didn't want anything to do with it. I was in a relationship at that point. He text her back something like, I'm not having problems with relationships right now, so I suggest you read your notes

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭osaurus

I think it happens to everyone every now and then. It sucks and it's a blow to the ego but life goes on. Pick yourself up, have a chat with your mates about it and forget about her.

• Registered Users Posts: 964 ✭✭✭riveratom

I was out on a first date with a girl last weekend and we both had a cracking night. We were joking around and she was saying that the date was a 9/10 and we really did have a great night. At the end of it we were both agreed there should be a second one.

Texted her a couple of days later suggesting a few days we could meet this week. Get a fairly abrupt reply after a two-day delay saying she doesn't know when she's free this week. Drop a casual text asking how her week was just there on Friday eve - no reply.

WTF?

Pure ignorance and enough to put me off women for life at this stage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Young_gunner

riveratom wrote: »
    I was out on a first date with a girl last weekend and we both had a cracking night. We were joking around and she was saying that the date was a 9/10 and we really did have a great night. At the end of it we were both agreed there should be a second one.

Texted her a couple of days later suggesting a few days we could meet this week. Get a fairly abrupt reply after a two-day delay saying she doesn't know when she's free this week. Drop a casual text asking how her week was just there on Friday eve - no reply.

WTF?

Pure ignorance and enough to put me off women for life at this stage.

Ah don't let it put you off mate - take a few days and get back on the horse

• Closed Accounts Posts: 790 ✭✭✭Sciprio

I went on three dates with a girl nearly a year back. We got on really well together but we went on two dates and she goes missing for a few months and texted me randomly months later saying she passed her driving test and seeing as i deleted her number i hadn't a clue who was texting me. Then i found out and we talked for a while and went on a third date.

We had a good time so later we agreed to meet again but she disappeared again and i haven't heard from her since so i deleted her number. I knew she had some personal problems at home but it is a shame as i really liked her.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭beano345

Happened to me twice,only for them to text a few months later either bored,burnt by someone else or see if I'd come back for seconds which I passed on,its the height of ignorance really and says a lot about that person.the funny part was the two of them used to give out about how all men were bstards.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,687 ✭✭✭✭Penny Tration

Some people are just ignorant.

Anytime I've been on a date and just didn't feel it, I texted the guy to let him know, and most of the time, the guys have been honest enough to do the same.

Had an issue with one guy disappearing a few years back. Went on a date, it went great, kissed, had fun, said we'd go for a second date. He asked me to text him the next day.

Radio silence. Ran into him on a night out a few months later, didn't approach him. He approached me, said he'd been busy with college and would I like to go on a date. I said no, he asked for a lend of a tenner to buy a drink :pac:

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Some people just do not want the awkwardness of having to explain why they don't want to meet again, so I think in some cases it may be this, in other cases maybe ignorance.

I remember during my dating days, I had met a girl 2 or 3 times and had good nights out. I wasn't really feeling it but was happy to give it a little more time. I then received a text (or e-mail) from her saying how sorry she was but she didn't want to continue dating me. She felt really bad about it and apologised a few times in the message.
    I responded saying, sure no bother sure don't be worrying about it.
    Later in the week she texted again to say how bad she felt etc etc
    Very sweet girl but I was more affected by how bad she felt as it was a big thing for her to let me know.
    So maybe sometimes girls (and guys) rather just bury their heads in the sand and hope the problem just goes away.*

*sorry post is a bit rambley.

Texted that girl last night just to see what the craic was, not that I was expecting anything to come of it. She replies saying she just doesn't have time to fit it all in, can't see how she can find the time and wants to leave it there.

In fairness she is working two jobs and going to college part-time. Then again, what's the point in going on one great date and leaving it there?!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Guy did this to me last year - I was broken hearted! Not over him as such, just that he (he'd even asked me out again on the first date and we'd made plans), didn't have the respect for me to get back to me.

But then I realised it's his problem.

Texted that girl last night just to see what the craic was, not that I was expecting anything to come of it. She replies saying she just doesn't have time to fit it all in, can't see how she can find the time and wants to leave it there.

In fairness she is working two jobs and going to college part-time. Then again, what's the point in going on one great date and leaving it there?!

If she was really into you she'd move a mountain to make time for you,hence the going on a date and leaving it there,sorry to say

beano345 wrote: »
    If she was really into you she'd move a mountain to make time for you,hence the going on a date and leaving it there,sorry to say

Yup reckon so. Just like the rest of them really (or most of them). First date or run-up to it goes great and then that's the end of it then.

Yup reckon so. Just like the rest of them really (or most of them). First date or run-up to it goes great and then that's the end of it then.

Probably just went for the ego boost too I've went on a few of them and then put you on standy-by

• Advertisement

beano345 wrote: »
    Probably just went for the ego boost too I've went on a few of them and then put you on standy-by

I don't do stand-by :)

She'll probably be wondering in a few years why she's still single and 'where have all the good guys gone??!!'

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,294 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

OK guys, we're gonna close this here before it turns into a bitchfest. I think the OP has gotten the response he wants. Any questions pm me.

For other relationship or dating questons there is a Relationship issues forum and a private online dating group.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement