Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neurotech MediTens XP

Options
  • 24-05-2014 9:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

Hi there. I'm due on Wednesday and my colleague lent me her tens machine. She used it with her own kids, her youngest is around 6. It's working perfectly but I read through the instructions and it says that safety has not been established for pregnant women. The instructions aren't all that clear on how to use it as a result. I have checked the neurotech website and the machine I have looks exactly the same as one which they explicitly describe as being 'for labour'. I am a bit apprehensive of using something that could damage baby. Has anyone used this? Do you put the pads on your lower back? Thanks for any feedback...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,230 ✭✭✭Merkin

I intend to use one and my midwife said they are fine to practice on from 37 Weeks with controlled voltage etc. If I were you I'd probably contact my midwife and/or manufacturer to get the specifics. Very best of luck with labour, the Tens machine is supposed to be amazing through contractions so please update if you can on what you thought of it!

• Registered Users Posts: 634 ✭✭✭staticdoor71

Merkin wrote: »
    I intend to use one and my midwife said they are fine to practice on from 37 Weeks with controlled voltage etc. If I were you I'd probably contact my midwife and/or manufacturer to get the specifics. Very best of luck with labour, the Tens machine is supposed to be amazing through contractions so please update if you can on what you thought of it!

I used a TENS machine on my first and fully intend to use it on my 2nd too.
    The one I used was given to me by the midwives on the labour ward so I've no idea who made it.

I got to 6cm with just the machine and I'm convinced had she not been a back to back that I would not have needed the epidural and would have gone the whole way on just the TENS machine.

here's hoping this baby is more Co operative 😊

Advertisement