Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The value in mixing your own.

Options
  • 24-05-2014 9:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭

Just for those of you who haven't bothered (for whatever reason) to venture into the home brew e-liquids world.

I mainly vape Mom & Pops juice and the flavour concentrates can be gotten easily enough (although the ones I like best, Pchelas Five Layer and Pchelas Poison are sold out pretty regularly).

This is what it costs me to make up 50ml :
    All prices are in sterling as I bought everything from Chefs Vapour.

The base ingredients:
    Nic 72mg VG 250ml £15
    PG 100ml £3.80
    VG 100ml £3.80
    Flavour concentrate 10ml £2.75

To make 50ml of 18mg 50/50 juice, the amounts and cost is as follows (Mom & Pops juice concentrates are best at 20% imo) :

PG 20ml = 76p
    VG 7.5ml = 28.5p
    Nic 12.5ml = 75p
    Flavour 10ml = £2.75

Total = £4.55 for 50ml or as it lasted me 3 weeks exactly, the huge cost of 22p/day!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

I buy the exact same two flavours from there as well. The two guys that run it, Karl and Lewis, are pretty helpful.

Oh yeah, I've been using the vg from Boots UK. £1.29 I think for 200ml. Does the trick perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 929 ✭✭✭jousting with chairs

That's working out quite good but you're paying a lot for your pg & vg.

It's much cheaper on this Irish site

http://www.ezsmoke.ie/concentrates-c-48_83.html

or if you want to buy in bulk before they regulate it this German site sells 1 litre of 36mg base for 66 euros and their PG and VG is only 8.50 a litre.

http://www.vapebase.de/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

Yeah I know and I already had some but just needed concentrates so got the lot in the one place to avoid extra shipping.

It just shows the savings that are to be made if your favourite juice is available in concentrates.

It's like €15 or so for 30ml ready made.

Actually, that's a pretty bad price on the Nic.
    250ml of 72mg is £15. 2 of those is the equivalent of the Nic in your post for far less.

It's great being able to adjust the flavour to suit your taste or lower your nic levels for dripping.
    Plus it's fun playing around with the different flavours and see what you come up with even though I've had a few that had to be rescued with Menthol :)

Yeah, I noticed that after I had posted.

BargainVapour is good value if you're buying large quantities 575 euros for 10 litres of 70mg base.

Lol , we'll have to get a group buy together before they tax it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,476 ✭✭✭Samba

I'm currently enjoying my first mix of T-Juice concentrates and I'm pleasantly surprised how well the first batch turned out (no spillage or botched mixes). Like some posters mentioned, being able to play with flavour, PG VG and nicotine levels is a huge bonus and the savings make it a no-brainer.

Just remember to be very very careful with high nic bases with small pets or children around the home.

I'll be putting in a large order before the directive comes into effect, there's a chance I may not even be living in the EU when it comes around, either way they can go and ****e if they think I'm going to order umpteen 10ml bottles every month.

The basis for this regulation is pure nonsense and it almost certainly stems from complete ignorance - zomg a 30ml bottle is equivalent to how many cigarettes!? That's far too much, limit the bottle size to 10ml. Clowns.

• Registered Users Posts: 663 ✭✭✭masonchat

I love the mom n pops coffee n cream concentrate at 20% you couldnt tell the difference from shop bought also butterfly bait is great , and the flavorart concentrate cuban supreme i love (needs a long steep though)

The flavor art concentrates are even better value as you often only need 5 - 10%

I made up i could make 800ml of mom n pop for 96 euro , cost to buy the same 320euro thats some saving and i could make 800ml of the cuban supreme for around 70euro this is based on buying 100mg nic and vaping at 12mg

@ Pique

Did you buy the nic base at Chefs Vapour?

I can only find 100ml bottles at £15 or did you get it on a special offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,044 ✭✭✭Pique

@ Pique

Did you buy the nic base at Chefs Vapour?

I can only find 100ml bottles at £15 or did you get it on a special offer.

Yeah I bought it there, no special offer. Just checked my invoice and it was £15 on the 29th April for 250ml.

It's doubled in price now! Jebus!

Lol,

You got lucky,they must have had it priced wrong :)

I was going to order a couple at that price but if you intend to buy some for long term storage (years) it's better to get the PG base as the VG base degrades much quicker.

• Advertisement

Any idea where I can buy 50ml bottles?

You can get 50ml bottles here but it's expensive for that amount

http://www.ezsmoke.ie/nicotine-base-arcane-50ml-p-435.html

This is better value

http://www.e-smokeireland.eu/product-p/50mgbase.htm

@ e-smoke 'boards' for a 10% discount

Sorry, should have been clearer, I meant 50ml bottles for putting my own juice in. I can see 10, 20 and 30ml, but not 50.

I get them at FT, cheap as chips.

https://www.fasttech.com/p/1583000

Came across these on Ebay, still coming from China but 50, 50ml bottles for 11 euros and free shipping, that's a no brainer :)

http://www.ebay.ie/itm/50pcs-50ml-Plastic-Squeezable-Eye-Liquid-Dropper-Bottles-with-Childproof-Cap-E0X-/161031898449?pt=UK_HealthBeauty_Other_RL&hash=item257e3fc551

Advertisement