Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ford focus 1.8 tdci 2006

Options
  • 24-05-2014 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

hi, im getting a lot of constant black smoke from my focus starts around 1500 revs turbo seems to be running ok turbo pipe from the intercooler to the egr valve split a few months back i replaced it not long after i noticed the problem today i checked the egr valve and it is not restricted with carbon build up im wondering could the problem be my injectors i have no lights on the dash or anything the only problem occurring is the heavy constant smoke and when i start it from cold it is a bit spluttery around 1500 revs but stops and runs smoothly after about 1 or 2 minutes any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kevvnolan

and it is very heavy on diesel

• Registered Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭martinr5232

kevvnolan wrote: »
    hi, im getting a lot of constant black smoke from my focus starts around 1500 revs turbo seems to be running ok turbo pipe from the intercooler to the egr valve split a few months back i replaced it not long after i noticed the problem today i checked the egr valve and it is not restricted with carbon build up im wondering could the problem be my injectors i have no lights on the dash or anything the only problem occurring is the heavy constant smoke and when i start it from cold it is a bit spluttery around 1500 revs but stops and runs smoothly after about 1 or 2 minutes any help would be greatly appreciated, Thanks

Sounds like an intercooler problem.

Try revving it up and see can you hear a hissing noise.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 kevvnolan

yea its drinking diesel like theres no tomorrow, there is a small oil residue in the turbo pipes from the intercooler could that be the cause

Advertisement