Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for help with research.

Options
  • 24-05-2014 4:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,

I'm a writer based in Dublin, looking to write a piece of theatre based on current, Irish, military life.

I've gone through the majority of Military.ie (which I have to say is an incredible website), but I've realised what I need most are personal accounts.

The main aspect of military life that I am most interested in is that of serving overseas; what it might be like to leave home for an extended period of time, and serve in a dangerous area.

I have nothing but immeasurable respect for anybody serving in our Defence Forces, and I would love to speak to anyone with current, recent or past experience with our military.

Ideally I would like to speak to people personally, be that over the phone or over a coffee, but even if you could direct me to certain publications, or websites, that might be of help, I'd be entirely grateful.

Le gach dea-ghuí,
    Hallahan.

Comments

Advertisement