Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Buying a house in Kilbarrack

Options
  • 24-05-2014 2:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi all, we are looking to buy a house in Kilbarrack ave, we love the house and the area, however we are not sure about which primary school we could send our little boy and the little baby on the way to.

Is Kilbarrack ave in the catchment of Bayside Junior School, as we heard it's a good school.

Let me know if you have any recommendations!

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭Rother

Dont buy a house in Kilbarrack.
    I lived there for 2 years and hated the whole area.
    Have you walked around the area within about a km at night? Do that before you buy a house there.
    I would not want to bring kids up anywhere near it.

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭Fiolina

I lived in Bayside for 12 years and worked in Kilbarrack. Both my kids went to school in Bayside there and I have nothing but good to say about it. My kids loved it.
    Kilbarrack Ave is lovely. I think the main problem area is up around the Dart station. As far as I know there is a waiting list for the school so you'd want to be putting their names down now. There is also an Educate Together, a Gael Scoil and I think another 2 national schools so you have a good choice. Best of luck.

Advertisement