Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many people are insured on my tractor ?

Options
  • 24-05-2014 10:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi All,
    I have a Massey Ferguson 148 at home and have got insurance from FBD Insurances PLC and have a Learner Lermit for categorey W (im only 16) so I was just wondering if I would be insured if I had like 1 or 2 people on it while driving on the road. I heard that I would be insured after a new law or something that the government introduced when an accident happened a couple of years ago when there was like 4 people in a tractor. But im just checking with ye just to be on the safe side.
    Thanks a lot,
    John

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,191 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

Be safer checking with FBD than checking here. How many seats are on your tractor? I would say that's how many people are covered.

• Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭gazahayes

Think you could be covered once they're inside the cab.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,750 ✭✭✭9935452

john97.ls wrote: »
    Hi All,
    I have a Massey Ferguson 148 at home and have got insurance from FBD Insurances PLC and have a Learner Lermit for categorey W (im only 16) so I was just wondering if I would be insured if I had like 1 or 2 people on it while driving on the road. I heard that I would be insured after a new law or something that the government introduced when an accident happened a couple of years ago when there was like 4 people in a tractor. But im just checking with ye just to be on the safe side.
    Thanks a lot,
    John

On the legal end of it-you can carry a passenger as long as the passenger holds a full tractor licence and there is a proper passenger seat fitted to the tractor, thats because you have a provisional license, if you had a full license the passenger doesnt need any tractor license,
    If there is no passenger seat fitted to the tractor you cant carry pasengers. thats what the law says
    As regards whether you would be insured you need to talk to FBD but IMO some insurance companys are just looking for a reason not to pay out in the event of an accident and could use that as a reason not to pay so you would be better off not bringing anyone with you

Advertisement