Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hostels near Marlay Park?

Options
  • 23-05-2014 10:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

Hello,
    My sister and I are going to Arctic Monkeys on the 12th of July,
    wondering if there are any hostels or cheap accommodation nearby? Or even anything in the city that's easy to get to?
    We're not familiar with the place at all, and we'll be walking/getting public transport everywhere.
    Cheers :) !

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭johnnykilo

I don't think there's much out near Marlay Park, it's basically a park surrounded by housing estates on the edge of Dublin.

There's a previous thread asking the same thing:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=73620520

Just get a hostel in the city centre and there's a few buses that go out Marlay Park direction, probably your best bet! Just don't try and walk it :p

• Registered Users Posts: 8,565 ✭✭✭K.Flyer

The nearest hotel I can think of would be Bewleys Hotel in Leopardstown just off the M50...
    http://www.bewleyshotels.com
    It is only a few minutes in a Taxi from the hotel to the Marley Park venue and its only a five minute walk to the Luas station which can bring you straight into Dublin City Centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭Beca19

Thanks a million! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭BRB

I'd just find one in the city centre. Grab a 16 bus and that will leave you right outside the park!

There's no hostel, to my knowledge, around here.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,297 ✭✭✭✭salmocab

BRB wrote: »
    I'd just find one in the city centre. Grab a 16 bus and that will leave you right outside the park!

There's no hostel, to my knowledge, around here.

Probably the best thing to do, its a residential area around the park nowhere to stay in walking distance so your probably going to need public transport regardless.

• Advertisement
Advertisement