Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What heating option should I go for?

Options
  • 23-05-2014 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37

We have just bought a small house roughly 1000 sq foot - nothing in there - needs to be rewired, insulated, kitchen installed, heating and so on.

We are lowish energy users in our current house which is much bigger and is a detached rather than semi - approx €1100 of oil a year and €1000 electricity with a family of 4.

The orientation is approximately WNW facing and ESE to the rear

Now with no oil tank to feel we need to use, we are looking for something renewable and are looking at the following options:
    1. Wood burning stove to heat 5 rads AND hot water with dual coil cylinder to use electricity PLUS a solar thermal panel
    2. Wood burning stove to heat 5 rads AND solar thermal to heat water
    3. Air to Water to do heating and hot water, possibly looking to solar pv if prices come down to help with the electricity costs

Don't want oil or gas.

What do you experienced people think??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,008 ✭✭✭scudo2

Sorry mate
    I only service/install oil.

Had a laugh with "ALL" the recommendations for renewable. !!!!

Sorry I couldn't resist comenting.

Advertisement