Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suit Fitting in Dublin?

Options
  • 23-05-2014 7:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 32

Hi,
    My fiancé wants to buy a suit for our wedding festivities. This would be his first time buying a suit and he needs to be fitted / see what styles look good on him.

Does anyone know a place in Dublin for this?

Thanks very much!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭Typer Monkey

Louis Copeland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,865 ✭✭✭✭January

Collar and cuff in glasnevin.

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

I second Louis Copeland, particularly like the Capel Street store. It's very old school - they take a look at you and know which designer will fit best and then do any alterations necessary.

• Registered Users Posts: 32 tellmeaboutit

thank you!

the Louis Copeland website looks really great....

• Registered Users Posts: 3,969 ✭✭✭Theboinkmaster

Louis Copland definitely, and have great suits to suit all budgets. They will tailor it to perfection.

Canali would be top of the range, but it'd be about a grand. But next one down (not sure of name) you could get for maybe half of that.

• Advertisement

thanks again! we went to Louis Copeland today and they have gorgeous suits... we put a deposit on one!

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭nosietoes

Delighted for you. Nothing like a man in my good suit :D

agreed! I think he surprised himself at how well he looked in a suit.
    They really had lovely suits to choose from, I am looking forward to see him wear this suit for years to come...

• Registered Users Posts: 24,560 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Maurice Abraham on South Anne Street.

I went to Louis Copeland and wasn't impressed. Maybe the younger staff haven't cut their teeth yet but their advice was way off.

In Maurice Abraham's they were old school and knew exactly what was what. 4and a half years later it still looks impeccable.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,564 ✭✭✭✭whiskeyman

Which branch of Louis C would you recommend?

• Advertisement

We went to the one in Dundrum because their hours are great - open until 9pm during the week so with work schedules that was best for us.

They were great - very professional and helpful.

Advertisement