Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Twice in Two Weeks People come to my door to give away free Stuff

Options
  • 23-05-2014 3:12pm

first time was for free sunglasses & second time for hats :confused:

is this some sort of scam has to be right

there going around in raheen limerick

Comments

Free stuff ftw!!!

*fist pumps*

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,087 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

Are you sleeping in a doorway? :D

Seriously though, how did the conversation go? Did they come looking for you specifically?

MarkR wrote: »
    Are you sleeping in a doorway? :D

Seriously though, how did the conversation go? Did they come looking for you specifically?

he wanted me to try them on and how they felt it was all very weird if there free why did i have to try them on ?

second time i didn't even entertain the guy

Was it a company of some sort? I'm in dooradoyle so I'll sit and wait for my free stuff :P

• Registered Users Posts: 776 ✭✭✭Fries-With-That

first time was for free sunglasses & second time for hats :confused:

is this some sort of scam has to be right

there going around in raheen limerick

One guy sells driving sunglasses and the guy with the hats I've never met.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 982 ✭✭✭daveob007

unless its some promotion for a company or other stay well away from them,ask for id and who they are selling for or giving for free for. sounds very dodgy and maybe the gardai should be informed,they might be casing the area for burglers etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,063 ✭✭✭Greenmachine

Confidence trick, I would imagine. Used to be some guy standing in traffic on the main street of Maynooth handing air freshners in the window then coming back and asking for money.

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭pnpweirdo

I had the driving sun glasses guy in castletroy, Didn't give him a chance to tell me they were free. They looked more like glasses for welding.

Advertisement