Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maglock Monitoring Light w/ ACT5e Prox?

Options
  • 23-05-2014 2:24pm
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi there,

Is it possible to setup this Maglock (see attached) so that the light goes green when open and red when locked?

At the moment I have the N/C terminal connected to the Maglock + terminal and 0V to the Negative terminal of the maglock. It works fine, but when I present a fob to the reader or press a button the light turns off because power is not flowing through it.

Any ideas how to do this? It's more of a learning thing for me rather than anything else.

I'm using a monitored Maglock with an ACT5e Prox keypad. Yellow is + and Blue is -. The terminals in the Maglock are N/O, N/C, Com, V12 and V0.

Thanks in advance
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭kub

Are you referring to the l.e.d on the Maglock or the l.e.d on the Reader?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

kub wrote: »
    Are you referring to the l.e.d on the Maglock or the l.e.d on the Reader?

The LED on the Maglock

• Registered Users Posts: 6,533 ✭✭✭kub

I have never seen a Maglock doing that, usually when the lock is engaged the l.e.d is red, it just goes off when disengaged. But then the door is open anyway.

Do you need this for a specific purpose?

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭mickjohnlong

No there is no way of changing the clout of the led on a monitored mag lock

kub wrote: »
    I have never seen a Maglock doing that, usually when the lock is engaged the l.e.d is red, it just goes off when disengaged. But then the door is open anyway.

Do you need this for a specific purpose?

I have seen it where the led is green means there is power going to the lock but the door is not locked

• Advertisement

I have seen it where the led is green means there is power going to the lock but the door is not locked

This is what I want to achieve for no specific reason other than learning how to do it (and possibly looking better with light green when unlocked). There are terminals labelled N/C, N/O and Coms on the Maglock. When I enter a code the keypad cuts current to the +ve terminal of the maglock. If I connect this cable to the N/C terminal on the Maglock from the N/C terminal of the keypad and connect 12V to the power supply, maybe that would get the light mechanism working?

Thanks

Mr. G wrote: »
    This is what I want to achieve for no specific reason other than learning how to do it (and possibly looking better with light green when unlocked). There are terminals labelled N/C, N/O and Coms on the Maglock. When I enter a code the keypad cuts current to the +ve terminal of the maglock. If I connect this cable to the N/C terminal on the Maglock from the N/C terminal of the keypad and connect 12V to the power supply, maybe that would get the light mechanism working?

Thanks

The terminals are just a relay for connecting to a monitored access system such as the act pro range to tell if the door is closed or not.
    There is no way if changing what colour the led is when the door is closed.

The terminals are just a relay for connecting to a monitored access system such as the act pro range to tell if the door is closed or not.
    There is no way if changing what colour the led is when the door is closed.

I want the light to change when the door is unlocked and when the Maglock is not charged (door may be open).

Then how come when I turn it on the light goes red for a split second and then blue (normal state)?

I have seen installations of maglocks whereby the light changes to green (or red, or whatever) when the door is unlocked. What are the N/C, N/O and Com terminals on the maglock for?

Thanks for your help

Mr. G wrote: »
    I want the light to change when the door is unlocked and when the Maglock is not charged (door may be open).

Then how come when I turn it on the light goes red for a split second and then blue (normal state)?

I have seen installations of maglocks whereby the light changes to green (or red, or whatever) when the door is unlocked. What are the N/C, N/O and Com terminals on the maglock for?

Thanks for your help

The N/C, N/O and Com are a contact for connecting to the door controller so the door controller knows if the door is closed or not. N/C normally closed N/ O normally open and com is common.

Depending on the lock itself most of them when the lock is not powered there will be no led. When the lock is powered but the strike plate is not near it the led will be one colour and then change when the strike plate is connected to the mag lock. As for when you power it up it will change after a split second when the lock has seen the strike plate.
    Hope you can understand that.

Advertisement